Yesterday I have released version 2.0 of my ESXi5 Community Packaging Tools. To re-iterate on that: These tools enable Community developers to create software packages for ESXi 5 in the VMware proprietary formats VIB (VMware Installation Bundle) and ZIP (VMware Offline Bundle).
- Updated TGZ2VIB5.cmd to version 2.0:
- Added GUI options to allow setting of advanced VIB properties and installation parameters
- Added menu to load presets of GUI options for various package types ("Hardware driver" and "Firewall rule")
- Added option to omit payload checksums in descriptor XML file
- VIB2ZIP was not changed in this release.
The new TGZ2VIB5 GUI looks like this:
|TGZ2VIB5 v2.0 GUI|
Detailed instructions on how to use these tools and the download link are available on the project page. Have fun!