I have published updated versions of my ESXi5 Community Packaging Tools. Community developers who create drivers and applications for ESXi 5.x can use these tools to package their software into the official distribution formats VIB and ZIP (Offline bundle). Easy-to-use GUIs help them to enter the package's metadata without the need to manually edit text files.
What's new in this release:
- Updated TGZ2VIB5.cmd to version 2.2:
- Ask for "Summary" and optional "Details URL" tag in description data
- Added presets "Driver (ESXi 5.0+)", "Driver (ESXi 5.1+)" and "Driver (ESXi 5.5+)" (replacing former "Hardware driver" preset)
- Added preset "esxcli plugin"
- Added informational tooltips for installation flags
- Updated VIB2ZIP.cmd to version 1.2:
- Ask for vendor code tag in metadata
- Ask for ESXi version compatibility (5.x or (5.0 and/or 5.1 and/or 5.5))
- Added option to pre-load metadata from a VIB file in the build directory
This post first appeared on the VMware Front Experience Blog and was written by Andreas Peetz. Follow him on Twitter to keep up to date with what he posts.