vCenter 5.0 Update 2
- The Windows version is now supported to run on Windows Server 2012
- Search functionality stops working after upgrading to vCenter Server 5.0 Update 1a or 1b
- vSphere Client may stop responding when searching for Virtual Machines (if you have the "Show VMs in Inventoy" option unchecked).
- vSphere 5.x Storage vMotion does not rename virtual machine files on completing migration.
- ESXi 5.0 host experiences a purple diagnostic screen with the errors "Failed to ack TLB invalidate" or "no heartbeat" on HP servers with PCC support.
- Quiesced snapshots of VMs that fail towards the end of their completion might leave behind unconsolidated redo log files.
- Driver fixes: net-igb, net-ixgbe, net-bnx2x, net-e1000e, net-tg3, scsi-lpfc820, misc-drivers
- VMware Tools fixes:
- On Windows 2008 R2 machines the WDDM graphics driver will now be installed by default.
- The vmxnet3 adapter in Linux guests drops a large number of UDP packets.
And there was also an update for vCenter 5.1: vCenter Server 5.1.0b (Download, Release notes).
I have updated my ESXi 5.x Patch Matrix to include this and the new ESXi 5.0 Update 2 build no. 914586 (resp. 912577 with security only fixes).
Update (2012-20-21): An HP Customized installation ISO with ESXi 5.0 U2 is also available here.
Share | |